- Poste : RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
- Type d’offre : Emploi
- Métier(s): Economie
- Niveau(x): BAC+3
- Expérience: 1 ans
- Lieu: Basé à Abidjan, avec voyages fréquents sur le terrain
Description du poste
IPA Côte d’Ivoire is seeking to recruit a qualified Research Associate based in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
The Research Associate will work closely with lead researchers, implementation team, and other field staff to perform a variety tasks including, but not limited to: oversee several project staff, pilot survey questionnaires, refine surveying instruments, manage survey teams, check and analyze data coming in from the field, clean data and assist in preliminary analysis, assist in the writing of project reports and policy memos, and coordinate with the researchers and the IPA Research Manager in Côte d’Ivoire on all aspects of the project.
– Revising and piloting the quantitative survey instruments, including programming questions onto a mobile phone/tablets
– Revising and piloting qualitative survey instruments
– Recruiting, training and managing survey enumerators and qualitative moderators in accordance with IPA HR policies
– Planning and managing the data collection
– Monitoring and ensuring that data collection complies with IPA standards of data quality, including auditing enumerators, and conducting data quality checks
– Maintaining compliance with all IPA procurement procedures
– Maintaining financial control of study expenditures including budget verses actual reporting and regular revisions to spending projections
– Cleaning data
– Writing reports
– Participating in meetings with key stakeholders and presenting research findings;
– Overseeing human subjects’ approval applications, and ensuring that all necessary local authorities approvals are in place
– Performing related duties as assigned by supervisor
Profil du poste
– At least a Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, international development, or related fields
– At least 1 year of relevant work experience, preferably in a research setting and with data analysis
– Excellent project management and organizational skills; meticulous attention to detail; ability to work independently
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
– Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
– Strong quantitative skills and knowledge of Stata required; programming and other technical knowledge a strong plus
– Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player
– Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies required
– Experience with electronic data collection preferred
– Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred
– Strong verbal and written communication skills in English preferred
Dossiers de candidature
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application on https://apply.povertyactionlab.org/
After completing a brief registration, choose the Research job category, then select “Research Associate, Cote d’Ivoire”. Most applications for research positions require you to include at minimum two letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts.
Note that you are able to submit your application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application.
Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.